We just published a new major version of Socket.IO: 4.0.0
Please see the associated migration guide.
TL;DR: this major bump is due to a few breaking changes at the API level.
Apart from this, the Socket.IO protocol was not updated, so a v3 client will be able to reach a v4 server and vice-versa. Besides, the compatibility mode (
allowEIO3: true) is still available between a Socket.IO v2 client and a Socket.IO v4 server.
- bundle: restore support for JS modules (43613d1)
- add some utility methods (b25495c)
- add support for typed events (#3822) (0107510)
- allow to exclude specific rooms when broadcasting (#3789) (7de2e87)
- allow to pass an array to io.to(...) (085d1de)
- increase the default value of pingTimeout (5a7fa13) (Engine.IO)
- remove dynamic require() with wsEngine (edb7343) (Engine.IO)