Open Collective provides a transparent, sustainable, and secure way for people to support and sponsor open source projects. We are joining other great projects (you may have heard about MochaJS, GulpJS or webpack, among lots of other awesome projects) in the quest to ensure the project's sustainability.
What is an Open Collective?
From their website:
An Open Collective is a group of people with a shared mission that operates in full transparency.
That allows both individuals and companies to sponsor our mission at Socket.IO (with potential tax benefits).
What would Socket.IO do with my sponsorship?
That will enable the core contributors to spend more time assuring the maintenance of the project. That includes:
- triaging issues and pull requests
- answering questions on Slack and Stackoverflow (which have been somewhat neglected recently)
- updating the documentation (I think a lot has been done recently, but there is still room for improvement!)
Personally I would like to be able to devote a few days a month to the project (I mean a whole day of work, not a few hours taken here and there, usually late in the evening).
The goals in the near future:
- keep the 2.0 version as stable as possible
- provide a complete documentation
- add more examples, besides the classic chat
How can I help?
To become a sponsor or backer, visit our open collective page and follow the instructions for becoming a part of our collective. Please also take the time to explore the other awesome collectives that people are supporting.
And finally, a big thanks to Pia Mancini and her partners for making this possible.